Saturday, April 10, 2010

Mirage


I walked towards school, but felt a prickling, a magnetism pulling me back. Everything became white when I turned around, all shapes disappeared, all contours, all smell, all sound, all taste. I was on solid ground and in space at the same time, and behind me the school had disappeared too. When I turned away from where the school had been, I saw a figure standing close to me - so close.
With a hand he reached out, caressed my cheek with a finger.
His sad smile filled me with nostalgia, and I pressed his hand to my face with my own. I shut my eyes, taking in his essence with my skin. It was overwhelming, when he pulled me to him, and our arms curved around our shapes in echo. The memory of his scent, the temperature emanating from him, the weave of his clothes, the solidity of him. I looked up at his face, and as our eyes met, images flashed, good and bad.
Something started pulling me away, and as our hug dissolved, our hands slithered down our arms, fingertips lingering against one another's for a moment more.
A candle was blown out, and lit once more.
I was back where I had begun, that moment of eternity doubtful in it's vanishing existance.

No comments:

Post a Comment