Saturday, April 10, 2010

Love Story


Love stories are meant to be magical, breathtaking, impossible. They're meant to make you dream, to make your heart swell with hope, to make you wish you'd be the one swept off your feet, dainty or not.

Love stories are meant to be our futures, seeds of what could be, implanted in us since childhood. Who of us have grown without stories, without fables, without fairytales, without legends, without myths? I believe near none. No matter the social class, we are stuffed with tales full of princesses awaiting to be saved, and of the right man who, in the end, does just that.

But tell me, where on Earth do you find so many weak-minded princesses without the determination to save themselves? And all those men - usually princes - who are ready to risk their lives for something so inaccessible and romantic as love?

Nowadays, a man who seranades a woman, who writes poems - who dreams! - is considered effeminate, made fun of.

I do not believe in Love.

Or at least, I didn't until a short while ago.

Here, encased in this binding, is my love story: a tale with no romance, no sweetness, no hope - none in the traditional sense, that is.

I am no princess, and he is no man to dream of. Yet, this is a love story.

How is that possible?

Just turn the page and read.

Chapter One

I knew something good was going to happen. I woke up before my alarm, a rare event, and found myself full of bursting energy, my body ticking. Sunlight escaped from the borders of the curtain, and I managed to get up easily. Hastily, I made my bed, and went to the bathroom. I took a cold shower, unusual, nonetheless perfect for such a day. In less than hour I had breakfasted a mug of chocolate milk, and finished preparing myself. I still remember how I looked. My hair was tied up in a ponytail, parted on the side, and I'd added some mascara to enhance my already long eyelashes, just for fun. I wore my favourite cherry lipgloss, and had put on some blush on my pale cheeks. I wore a light green dress, feather light, that reached my knees; short sleeves fluttering, a delicate v-neck, a matching ribbon wrapped itself around my waist, making me look thinner than I actually am. On top of it, I wore a black leather jacket, and completed the image with matching black converse shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment