Saturday, April 10, 2010

I float, I flounder.


I float, I flounder. The world is bright, the colors bleeding, the sky spinning, mixing with the ground. I am swimming in the air, I am in the centre of the earth, lulled and cradled by it's warmth. I am alive and dead; I am human and I am a spirit nymph.

Insubstiality washes over me in an insurmountable wave, batters me so I can no longer distinguish between reality and my mind. I am both, I am none, I am everything, I have never been.

Who are you?

Friend or foe, friend or foe, I am the fiend. Nice to meet you, curtsy, twirl, pop.

Light headedness to create hilarity, to make shapes surreal, to bring forth the faeries, the creatures that have long since gone into hiding, ever since religion started.

As you try to walk they trip and nudge you, make you wobble, make you step over invisible crevices like canyons.

People stare, confused.

You are outside, see yourself, cry and laugh at once, but see your body make the noise, even if it doesn't understand the confusion.

The faeries swarm, you bat them away.

Bright bright bright colours.

Who?

No comments:

Post a Comment